"Our Passion, Your Commitment & Help = Success"
Hodges University – Ft. Myers
Lincoln College of Technology, West Palm Beach, FL
Spelman College, Atlanta GA
Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL
Le Cordon Bleu
University of South Florida – Tampa
The National Association of The Bahamas provides annual scholarships of US$500 – $1,500 each toward the tuition of Bahamian students or students of Bahamian descent enrolling in colleges/universities in the South Florida, at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Scholarships are awarded NOT to the student but to the college/university of his/her choice. All recipients are expected to participate in the National Association of The Bahamas – Miami.
The following criteria are used to determine scholarship winners.
- Must be of Bahamian Descent
- Must be already enrolled in degree program or enrolling for upcoming Semester.
- Academic Merit – based on grades, test scores, honors, awards and recommendations.
- All applicants for Undergraduate Scholarships must possess at least a 2.5 GPA or equivalent. Applicants for Graduate Scholarships must possess an Undergraduate GPA of or above
- Financial need
Please complete the attached scholarship application and submit to:
The National Association of The Bahamas
P.O. Box 162039 Miami, FL 33116
Or Fax to:
Attention Rosemon Gomez (954) 474-1773
Application deadline: APRIL 15 Each year THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS MADE FOR APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THAT DATE. Please use black or blue ink.
In addition to this application, you MUST submit all of the following:
- Up-to-Date official transcripts of academic records from previous and present schools/colleges.
- Copy of Letter of Acceptance from college/university.
- Two letters of recommendation
- A brief statement of your career plans and the contributions you would like to make to the Bahamian community upon graduation.